Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadows | Peach Heaven | Swatches + Review

We are so close to spring here in the midwest. I'm choosing to ignore the 30-degree weather we've been having this past week. I like to stay positive about this sort of thing.

With spring approaching, I can't help but be drawn to bright and vivid colors. How about I just jump right in and show you this too-lovely-for-words palette. Swatches follow.


Clockwise, starting from upper left: 15 Shine, 407 Pearl, 341 Matte, 312 Matte.


Swatches with flash, left to right: 341 Matte, 312 Matte, 407 Pearl, 15 Shine


Swatches without flash, left to right: 341 Matte, 312 Matte, 407 Pearl, 15 Shine

My brief thoughts on each of the shades.

341 Matte: a soft peach-beige in a matte finish. I have NC-20 skin, use MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. I use this color as a crease shade but it is difficult to see and a stand-alone eyeshadow on my skin.

312 Matte: a orange-peach in a matte finish. I picked this shade to act as a inner corner highlight but this shade appears very subtle on my eyelids. I wish I had picked up 397 Pearl for this purpose.

407 Pearl: orange-coral with peachy gold sheen in a pearl finish. This shade leans more gold on my eyelids.

15 Shine: is a fiery orange in a gold frost finish, though it’s not incredibly bright. My favorite shade of the four as it works well in the crease and adds definition.
These shadows are easy to work with. I use my Shiseido eyeshadow brushes to blend the
colors onto my eyelids that have been prepped with MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and Laura Mercier
Translucent Loose Setting Powder. There is little to no fallout if you are gentle with the shadows and the colors themselves are easy to blend and build upon. Another plus, the Freedom System case with a magnetic lid is chic and appeals to the minimalist in me. It just feels so solid in my hands and very well built. Overall, if you have a light to light-medium skin tone, I think these colors would look fantastic on you.

This palette was my first adventure with Inglot and I can't wait to try their other makeup products. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

A little piece about Inglot from the NY Times:
Inglot is known for its broad range of colors and for creating new ways for cosmetics to be packaged and applied, including using painterlike palettes for eye shadow. Its shops are typically in shopping malls and large department stores. 
Inglot makes its own products, instead of outsourcing manufacturing as some companies do... 

No comments:

Post a Comment